John’s recent achievements have been:
- John is an endurance athlete who has competed all over the world.
- He is an International Athlete having raced for England & Great Britain since 2007.
- He spent 3 years on a scholarship in America at The University of Tulsa breaking 5 records whilst out there.
- John has competed in major athletics competitions including; Commonwealth Games & European & World Cross Country Championships.
- This year he is ranked in the Top 10 in the UK at all major road race distances from 5 km to Marathon and he came 2nd in the prestigious “Run Britain Series.”
- In 2012, the last full season that John concentrated on Marathon running, he was ranked 4th in the UK.
- In September he raced the Berlin Marathon finishing in 2 hours 18 minutes. He is now training for The London Marathon in 2016 aiming to complete the course in 2 hours 14 minutes, which should secure his place on the GB squad for the Rio Olympics.
- John is Bassetlaw Resident.